Monday, January 21, 2013

Short and Sweet

If you know anything about me, one of the things that probably stands out is that I am a class A klutz. Sometimes I even amaze myself, seriously! Since its been a while since my last post, I thought what better way to say "hello" than to share with you my most recent, "seriously, how did you ever make it to 31" umm...shall we call it experience?

I had just finished making laundry detergent (you did not misread that...yes I, Natalie, got my domesticated Pinterest on and made a lot of laundry detergent). I was standing in the living room talking with my sister when I shifted from one foot to the other. Now, this normally would go unnoticed...unless you are me. I didn't just shift. I shifted, lost my balance, stumbled, started to topple over, rolled/tweaked my ankle, and at after all was said and done I ended up in the kitchen. Much to my sister, Crystal's credit, she didn't laugh, but I sure did! I definitely know when I have something less than brilliant and have no problem laughing at myself!  Later my ankle hurt, but I think I was caught so off guard that laughing was my only response.

I think I should mention that I never actually fell, which is a feat for my in and of itself. I did, however, manage to give myself a soft tissue sprain. What is that exactly? I'm not really sure. I work for a podiatrist, so I assume he knows what he's talking about (he totally does) and that he wouldn't just make something up. Although, if he did, I would be the one to fall for it, but that's a whole other post altogether!

Thankfully, I don't need crutches and I can walk on it (I'm guessing that's where the soft tissue part of it comes in). I've definitely sprained this ankle way worse! What can I say? I am a hot mess and a walking disaster! I am the only person that I know who has dislocated both knees while sitting down and sprained an ankle while standing. I'd like to say its a talent that I've honed for the past say, oh I don't know, 31 years, but that just makes me sound like an over achiever!


Photobucket