Saturday, October 20, 2012

Oh hey! Remember me?!

I'm not one who typically writes down how I feel or what I think (i.e. journaling, diaries, heck even questionnaires), but I am also one who can't pretend everything is great if its not. Although, I am super easy to read and can't hide my feelings or emotions worth a crap, I never wanted to be the type of person who would just blog for the sake of getting a post out due to having a routine. 

That is why I stopped blogging. 1-I think I just got overwhelmed with trying to keep up my blog, while working and volunteering, and if something had to give, it would naturally be my blog. 2-I was stuck. I didn't really know what to say and definitely wasn't inspired...not from a lack of blonde moments or cute clothes to share, but just tapped out. 3-I felt like somewhere along the way I lost my "voice." I can't tell you how many posts I have written over the past year that I have discarded because it didn't "sound" like me or I just felt like it was boring. 

While I have been away, I have been thinking a lot about coming back to my blog (because sometimes I just miss it). I wasn't really sure what I wanted it to look like, didn't know what people would expect from me, and didn't know if I could put in the same amount of time and effort into it as I did before. I have come to realize that I can come back, even though its scary because so much has changed-in blogging in general and I have as well.

 Its okay if I change some of the format of my blog and  choose not to put in the same amount of time and effort into blogging as I did before, and there is nothing wrong with that. I can blog when I feel like it and don't need to worry so much about you, the reader (although, you are awesome!), and the expectations that you may have for me or I have put on myself. I have been trying to figure out if I should come back or give up blogging altogether and lately I have had lots of different people refer to my blog or just plain asked me if I had a new one somewhere that I hadn't shared with anyone since I hadn't posted here in so long and I felt like that was confirmation that maybe I should come back and give it another go. I can't say that I will be super consistent with blogging, but I can say that I will at least make an effort to post stuff as it comes up, rather than writing a post in my head and doing nothing with it. 

That being said here are some things that have been going on with me recently:

*My lovely high school girls have graduated and left the high school youth group coop! They are all in college now, which sounds totally weird, but I am really proud of them and miss them like crazy!! 



*I am now working in the same grade as the Hubs in the junior class-and they are AWESOME!! They are so much fun, wonderful, crazy, goofy, loving, welcoming, and just all around great! I am really excited to share the next two years with them and build some great memories with them!



*Rubber bands can leave a bruise on your head. Its totally true. I have one on the back of my head at the moment from a really intense rubber band. Its kinda rocked my world because, frankly, I didn't know they could do that!

*I finally got a smart phone. Basically, this means my hubby now has a girlfriend, and her name is Siri. He talks to her ALL the time. The worst part is that Siri hates me. Like, really. She never does anything I ask. Jim can ask her to do something and she just does it, but she acts like she can hear me. Its ridiculous!

*I just got back from four days at Disneyland. By the end of day two I was threatening to elbow people in the face because I was tired of being jostled...could it be because I am now used to the small town-ness that is Salem, OR and less used to the over abundant amount of people in CA?! Its possible, but even if it was true, I doubt I would admit it! Moral of the story: two days at Disneyland is more than enough for anyone! :)

So, bear with me as I find my "voice" again and as I don't necessarily follow any set routine! :)

Photobucket